Spanish Quorn Sausage Casserole with Beans
This easy Quorn Sausage casserole with beans is hearty and warming.
- 1 pack Quorn Sausages, cut into diagonal pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and diced 100g sweetcorn
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp mild chilli powder
- 100ml apple juice
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 150ml vegetable stock
- 400g tin cannelloni beans or broad beans, drained
- 1 small bunch of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1. Heat half the oil in a large frying pan and fry the Quorn Sausages for 2-3 minutes until
- lightly golden. Remove from the pan and set aside to cool then slice diagonally into 5
- 2. Fry the onions and garlic in the remaining oil until soft, then throw in the peppers and
- continue frying. A little water or extra stock will prevent sticking, if needed.
- 3. Stir in the sweetcorn, paprika and chilli powder and cook for a few more minutes before
- adding apple juice.
- 4. Pour in the tomatoes, beans and stock and return the Quorn Sausages to the pan.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 5. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes before sprinkling with parsley.