The Activity Coordinators
A big hello to all patients that already know who we are and a big hello to all new patients who have joined us here at Caswell Clinic. The activity coordinators are a small team, there a 5 of us all together, Janette, Dale, Craig, Nadine and Matthew. We offer a wide range of structured activities for you all to enjoy, such as;Social Evenings in the café which include bingo, general knowledge quizzes, sport, games, film evenings and karaoke.
- Social Evenings in the café which include bingo, general knowledge quizzes, sport, games, film evenings and karaoke.
- Gym sessions are offered to both male and female patients throughout the clinic to help promote a healthy lifestyle.
- 5 a side football is available twice a week; this takes place out on the Astroturf.
- Music tuition is offered in a group setting or on a 1:1 basis.
- Fundraising events such as summer and Christmas fetes, Raffles and in the past there has been an occasional boot sale. All the money raised is used for all patients' benefits.
- Other groups include Swimming, Women's groups, Relaxation/Indian Head Massage, Cycling.
Every weekend we also offer a number of different community leaves for the patients to participate in. Friday morning is a shopping trip which gives the patients an opportunity to be able to buy the things they need. It also helps the patients to gain social skills and helps them to manage their own finances. Popular destinations for these trips are Port Talbot, Talbot Green, Swansea, Neath, Mc Arthur Glen and many more. Saturday is a Rambling Trip, this gives patients the opportunity to enjoy some fresh air and also enjoy the exercise while taking in the surrounding views.
Sunday morning is a low stimulus leave which could involve brisk walking around places of interest such as Cardiff Bay, Mumbles, Swansea, Porthcawl and Aberavon Beach (weather permitting). If any of you are interested in getting involved in anything which has been mentioned, ask staff to contact us and we would be happy to come and chat to you and explain anything which you're not sure of.