Careers Wales is the national brand for the all careers information, advice and guidance services. Established in April 2001 and funded by the Welsh Assembly Government.
Here at Caswell Career Wales works closely with Occupational Therapy. A menu of services that could be provided are:-
- Employment opportunities.
- Education and training
- CV and job applications
- Pathfinder — a computer exercise to generate career ideas
- Open learning
- Basic skills
- English for speakers of other languages
- Grants and funding for training or education
- Voluntary work
- Training and employment post redundancy
- Self employment
- Careers uses a person centred approach and everyone is treated as an individual and meetings are structured around individual needs
- To arrange for Career Wales to visit Caswell liaise with your Occupational Therapist.
The adviser from Career Wales who has visited Caswell on a number occasions at the request of Occupational Therapy is Mike Crowell. He is based in Bridgend and has nearly 20 years experience in careers guidance. His work is predominantly with adults but during his 20 years in the profession he has worked in schools, colleges and higher education also.